May 22, 2010

We did it!!!

Ok I know this post is delayed by like 3 weeks, but give me a break I'm a newlywed! As you probably already know, Eric and I officially tied the knot on May 1st, 2010. We had the ceremony and reception at the Outdoor Family Center in Perry, with the ceremony being outside in the outdoor chapel, and the reception inside the lodge.
The day was absolutely insane...and I only know a small part of what went on. Despite the constant threat of rain (including the downpour on the way to the chapel), the absolute disaster of an updo I had done, and a very hungry pregnant bridesmaid...we managed to pull it all together and had the PERFECT day. The rain stopped right as the ceremony started, my girlfriends saved the day and somehow kept me from passing out, and my in laws made the entire place look absolutely gorgeous. I can honestly say there is nothing else I could have asked for...everything came together better than I could have possibly imagined.
It was amazing that so many people were able to come and spend our day with us. There are so many people that I have to thank for their help, their time, and their patience. There isn't enough room for all the people that deserve recognition in this one blog. My mom came in from Philadelphia, many family members came in from the Cleveland area, Melanie came all the way from North Carolina...it really surprised us how many people were able to make it.
There are over a thousand pictures between the professional photographer, my camera that was floating around, and all our friends and family who were snapping away. We also have the first dance, parts of the ceremony, etc. all on tape and will share them once I find the time to upload them.
I can't even begin to explain how happy we are that we decided to take this step now, and how appreciative we are of all the support we recieved. We are officially two lives, two hearts, two families, combined into one.
We'll keep you updated! (Well...I will).

No comments:

Post a Comment